[Freegis-list] Conference Speech

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:06:01 +0200

--VACxsDaSTfeluoxK

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:00:57PM -0500, Martin, Daniel wrote:
> For a server, my suggestion would be MapServer, http://mapserver.gis.umn.=
edu
> .  If the colo server has PHP support, then MapServer with the recently
> released MapLab http://www.dmsolutions.on.ca/maplab.html might be what you
> have in mind - although I must admit haven't tried MapLab out myself.  I =
do
> use MapServer often and extensively though.
>=20
> Both MapServer and MapLab (which depends on MapServer) are free open sour=
ce
> products.

Let me add that they are indeed Free Software.
You will need some effort (work or costs in commercial terms)=20
in setting them up, thus "free open source" is a bit missleading.

You can buy commercial support for MapServer at several places.
Thus it could rightfully be called commercial Free Software...

--VACxsDaSTfeluoxK

--VACxsDaSTfeluoxK--