[Freegis-list] NCAR Graphics is relative open now

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:39:12 +0200 (CEST)

I do not know if this really interesting the GIS community, but I
think it is relevant.

The people from NCAR (National Corporation of Atmospheric Research)
have opened there graphics library. This is not only a very solid,
albeit in same parts ancient graphics package, many Fortran
programmers will know, but it also has many routines regarding
mapping, geographical gridding and interpolation.

They do not claim to be Open Source, but the license is very free, as
far as I understand it. I hope there will be some nice packages now
become also free, which build on top of this library.

Just for the information,

__Janko Hauser

--
  Institut fuer Meereskunde             phone: 49-431-597 3989
  Dept. Theoretical Oceanography        fax  : 49-431-565876