Subject: Re: [Thuban-list] Session tree/Legend: toggles?

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:39:31 +0200

[ I hope it's OK to CC the mailing list again :) ]

> Don't forget "Full Layer Extent" and "Selection extent". Great shortcuts.

I've added a wish-list bug tracker entry for this.

> > > it might make sense at a later stage, but so far I think that
> > > the Map menu is not too overcrowded. Also a clear definition
> > > of the difference between a View and a Map might be difficult.
> > 
> > The main difference would be that the commands in the map menu change
> > the map in some way while the commands in the view menu only affect how
> > the map is displayed.
> 
> A toolbar seems more appropriate in that case, doesn´t it?

Well, all commands in the toolbar should be available in the menu too
even those that experienced users mostly access through the toolbar.
Among other things you can access all menu items via the keyboard but
(currently at least) this doesn't work for the toolbar.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
MapIt!                                           http://www.mapit.de/