Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban contribution: precision farming extension

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:26:34 +0100

Hi Thuban users,

I just uploaded a thuban version that has been extended
to work as a support tool for varius precision farming related issues.
It is the outcome of a project at University of Applied Science
Osnabrück in Germany. The project is called PIROL (Precision Farming als
Instrument der interdisziplinären potentialorientierten Landnutzung).
The whole application, however is completely in german language.

The main author, Ole Rahn submitted a tar-ball that can be
downloaded here:

	http://thuban.intevation.org/download.html#contrib

It is planned to incorporate many of the general tools into Thuban main
stream, but this will surely take a while. Any takers welcome.

This version is extremely exciting and it is at least as GREAT-ER
which is also based on Thuban.

None of the Thuban core developers participate in this project,
so all credits go to the PIROL development team!

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/