Subject: [Thuban-list] proportionate circles

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:38:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Is there a possibility in Thuban to create proportionate size circles (or
other symbols) for site data ? I can only see the possibility of creating
color ranges, not size ranges.

If this possibility does not exist, do you think it would be hard to
implement ? I can't see it on the roadmap, so it doesn"t seem a priority.

Moritz

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:50:28 +0100

"Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]> writes:

> other symbols) for site data ?

This isn't implemented yet.

> implement?

Well, an easy way would be to add a new property to ClassGroupProperties
instances for the size and to extend the renderer and the GUI
accordingly. To round it off, one would need to extend the file format
to handle the sizes too. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to get
an initial version (depending on the familiarity with Thuban's
internals). Getting it right would take longer, of course.

> I can't see it on the roadmap, so it doesn"t seem a priority.

I'd say it's part of the "Symbols/Fill Patterns" entry for Thuban >1.2.
At least that's where it seems to fit best in the current road map. 

My impression is that the road map beyond 1.0 is very tentative still.
It depends on what the Thuban users need and on the functionality we
need for our projects at Intevation. It may well be that more flexible
classifications will be implemented at an earlier point than the current
road map says.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/