Subject: [Thuban-list] [Thuban-announce] Thuban 1.2.0 released.

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:24:06 +0200

Thuban is back.
There was a period of slow development with Thuban, where it just worked.
Since the 1.0.0 release of Thuban in 2003
quite a bit of new features got added and released as a development 1.1.0.
Our users were never presented a version called stable. Now they are -
with Thuban 1.2.0. Beside this long due duty, the new development
team has brought Thuban up to be compatible with newer versions
of python, wxWidgets, pysqlite and more. There is a new windows installer.
This was classic boring maintenance, but now we are in a position
to add new features and accelerate Thuban's rate of innovation again.

Give Thuban a spin and help us to improve it.

Bernhard Reiter
Didrik Pinte

New development site: https://wald.intevation.org/projects/thuban/
Homepage (a bit outdated): http://thuban.intevation.org/

For latest notes check out the release notes from SVN:
https://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/thuban/Releasenotes.txt?&root=thuban&view=markup

-- 
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
Changes up to Thuban 1.2.0 (released 2007-03-13)
==========================

 - Python <= 2.4 calls C extension modules with the set locale.
   This means those modules need to be robust against a locale
   where LC_NUMERIC is set in a way that the decimal_point might
   be a comma or something else. Problems are diagnosed 
   at least with shapelib, proj and gdal. To cope with it we:

   + Added a new option --setdecimalcommalocale to runtests.py so that
   all tests can be checked with a comma as  decimal_point, if we
   can find such an LC_NUMERIC. We only try a few in test/localessupport.py.

   + Fixed behaviour with proj by switching to LC_NUMERIC "C" before
   initialising the projection and afterward switch back.

   + Added a workaround to internal shapelib and pyshapelib.
   (Bernhard Reiter)

 - Startup improved: We fail right away if the internal encoding could
   not be determined. In this case, try to set the LANGUAGE variable to
   one value and use no colon.
   If we startup you can see the internal encoding in the about dialog now.
   (Bernhard Reiter)

 - Support for pysqlite2. (Didrik Pinte)

 - Added packagin directory, which already has an example how
   to load all extensions on windows. (Didrik Pinte)

 - Updated code to support new style wxPython 2.6 imports. So
   you need at least wyPython 2.6 . (Didrik Pinte)

 - New Classification "Pattern": Classify text attributes by regexp. 
   (Frank Koormann)

 - New or Improved Extensions:

    + Improved svxexport extension 1.0.1 (Bernhard Reiter)

	* Fixed ARC layer writing: No filling is done.
	You could actually get polylines with filling in between,
	when the classification for the lines had a fill color.
	E.g. this happens when you generate a classification from a ramp.

	* Fixed label export.

    + New export_shapefile extension (Jan-Oliver Wagner)
      Available from the experimental menu.

_______________________________________________
Thuban-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-announce

---

From: Ari Jolma <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 15:20:55 +0300

> Give Thuban a spin and help us to improve it.

I installed Thuban and Python (which I guessed must be installed, 
Thuban's installer did not say anything about it), I get this far:

C:\Program Files\Thuban>set path=c:\progra~1\thuban\gdal\bin;%path%

C:\Program Files\Thuban>\python25\python thuban.pyw
Starting Thuban
Please update your PATH environment variable to include C:\Program 
Files\Thuban\
Thuban\..\gdal\bin
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "thuban.pyw", line 42, in <module>
    import Thuban.UI.main
  File "C:\Program Files\Thuban\Thuban\UI\__init__.py", line 77, in <module>
    install_wx_translation()
  File "C:\Program Files\Thuban\Thuban\UI\__init__.py", line 21, in 
install_wx_translation
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

ok, you can improve it now :)

Cheers,

Ari

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 14:57:47 +0200

> ok, you can improve it now :)

Hi Ari,

Thanks Ari. This very problem is on the todo list (Bernard made the same
report a few weeks ago) ;-) 

w32 installer will soon integrate all the needed dependencies.

Cheers,

Didrik

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:23:44 +0200

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 22:27, Yves Moisan wrote:
> I just installed Thuban (using Thuban-1.2.0_1.exe from the download
> area) on mY windows box running XP and it won't start.  It mentions it
> can't find gdal14.dll and wxmsw26uh_vc.dll.  I can find gdal14.dll on
> program files\thuban all right, but I can't find the other on my system.
>   I have a host of wxmsw26*_vc.dll lying around, but not the one DLL
> Thuban complains for.

Yves, Ari,
thanks for your reports.

Indeed the Thuban-1.2.0_1.exe needs a few prerequisites installed
and one system path change to run. On 
https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-devel
you will find the discussion about it and links to
new windows installers for testing which have several issues fixed.
Also we add better instructions to the file download area.

Thanks,
Bernhard