Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban and wxPython 2.5 compiling?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:47:42 +1100

I googled the net for Thuban and wxPython 2.5. It seems that there is
problem compiling.

Wxpython has new src/rpms for Fedora 2, RH9 and Mandrakes 9.2 and 10.1
http://www.wxpython.org/download.php

How do you compile thuban properly with wxpython 2.5. which wx-config
should use in 3 wxpython inorder to get wxproj.cpp compiling.

I have problem ccache -pthread in wxproj.cpp, I am using CVS tarball
download.

If I use the thuban rpm for Fedora 2, which libwx-gtk*.so should I ln -s
with libwx-gtk2-2.4.* (the one comes with the rpm)

Any pointers.

Thanks, Noli

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:00:29 +0100

> I googled the net for Thuban and wxPython 2.5. It seems that there is

I believe we did not target wxPython 2.5 yet,
this is because it is based only on the development version of wxWidgets.
The stable version of wxWidget still is 2.4.2
and it is more likely to find those libraries installed 
by distributions already as compared to the latest development version.

However we shall target 2.5.x in the future, contributions
to the development are welcome on the thuban-devel list.

> I have problem ccache -pthread in wxproj.cpp, I am using CVS tarball

Please post more details to thuban-devel.

> with libwx-gtk2-2.4.* (the one comes with the rpm)

If you are talking about the packages from
http://ftp.intevation.de/freegis/fedora/2/
I believe that you do not need to link anything
as the packages neede according to the dependencies 
take care of this. 
(See http://ftp.intevation.de/freegis/fedora/2/readme.txt).

Let us and the fedora people know if this is not the case.
Best,
	Bernhard