Subject: [Thuban-list] [Thuban-announce] Thuban 1.0.1 released

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:39:52 +0100

GIS-Viewer Thuban: Maintenance release 1.0.1 available

Thuban[1] is a platform independent interactive viewer for geographic data 
layers. It can handle Shapefiles, PostgreSQL/PostGIS spatial databases 
and raster data.

The first maintenance release of the stable 1.0
branch of Thuban is ready for download.
Source code packages and an installer
for Windows are already available[2]. Binary packages for
further operating systems are expected to follow as
time of package maintainers permits.

The changes include:

* Translations
  - Updated: Spanish, French, Russian and German
  - New: Hungarian and Brazillian Portuguese 
* Extensions
  - Updated gns2shp: Changes include fix for RT#2453.
  - New experimental extension: svgexport to export map
    and legend in svg format 
* Thuban now remembers directories during a session.
  E.g. if you open a shape file Thuban remembers the
  directory it was loaded from and the next time you
  open a shapefile the dialog will start in the same
  directory. This also works for projections.
* The PostGIS interface was improved substantially
  compared to 1.0.0. However, there are some limitations
  in Thuban's PostGIS support that can't be fixed in the
  1.0.x series without introducing incompatible file format
  changes (one such limitation is the requirement for a
  column called "gid"). The PostGIS changes in more detail:
  - Added support for LINESTRING geometries
  - Added some support for tables with an explicit SRID.
  - Thuban 1.0.0 used to allow tables with multiple geometry
    columns in some cases. Those cases worked only by accident.
    1.0.1 gives an error message when such tables are opened.
    Real support for tables with multiple geometry columns is
    available in 1.1.x (currently only in CVS).
* Fix a printing bug. The region of the map to be printed was
  a bit off so that some parts were not drawn sometimes (RT#2692)
* Other fixed issues:
  - RT#2237 EPSG projection with unsupported (by the dialog)
    parameters causes exception
  - RT#2239 (only the session tree part)
  - RT#2245 Thuban don't start, unhandled exception
  - RT#2482 (partly) NameError: name 'wx' is not defined
  - RT#2549 exception when trying to generate one class

[1] http://thuban.intevation.org/
[2] http://thuban.intevation.org/download.html

-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/

_______________________________________________
Thuban-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-announce

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:00:15 +0100

> GIS-Viewer Thuban: Maintenance release 1.0.1 available

A note to the packagers:

Check if the wxbug crash on bad encoding bug is there on your plattform 
and possibly remove the accents from the Lambert-93 projection name.

Details:
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2850&display=History
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2536&display=History

This is just a workaround as the real fix is to change
Thuban to convert all text with unknown encoding from a local
encoding to unicode, which would be a massive change beyond 
the scope of the 1.0.1 release.

	Bernhard R.