Subject: [Thuban-list] Installing 1.2 on windows

From: "Brian Pribis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:18:22 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install thuban 1.2.0_1 one windows XP pro using the windows
installer.

I installed:
python 2.4 from ActiveState

wxPython 2.8
pysqlite 2.3.3

I made sure my PATH was correct.

When I try to start Thuban I get this message:
..\..\src\common\stdpbase.cpp(51): assert "traits" failed in
wxStandardPathsBase::Get(): create wxApp before calling this.

I hit Cancel to skip the error messages and get:
This application has failed to start because wxmsw26uh_vc.dll was not found.

This would be true since I can only get wxPython 2.8.
The notes said that Thuban should be upward compatible with Python and
wxPython.

Am I right in thinking I am going to have to recompile Thuban to fix this?

If so, any hints on doing this on windows would be great (I have VS 2003).

Thanks,
Brian

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:02:02 +0200

Le mardi 10 avril 2007 à 19:18 -0400, Brian Pribis a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
> 
> I am trying to install thuban 1.2.0_1 one windows XP pro using the
> windows installer.
> 
> I installed:
> _____________

Hi Brian,

The windows installer delivers the internal Thuban libraries and some
external ones but they are built with specific versions of the linked
libraries.

The 1.2.0 version of the windows installer has been built with wx 2.6,
that's why the wxproj lib used by thuban does not seem to be happy with
you 2.8 wx version.

This is really annoying because the Thuban installer in fact needs lots
of preinstallation in order to work fine.

I'm working on a full version with all the needed stuff in it, so that
you will be able to install Thuban without any preexisting Python
installation. 

To build thuban from scratch, you will need proj 4.5 and gdal 1.4
(optionnal) and if using wx 2.8 you will have to update setup.py in
order to link with the correct header files. I can give you more help if
needed.

Didrik

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:11:28 +0200

Brian,

> This would be true since I can only get wxPython 2.8.

you can also get other versions for wxPython,
they might be a bit more involved to find.

> If so, any hints on doing this on windows would be great (I have VS 2003).

from my hints I have used:
Thuban-1.2.0_1.exe
python-2.4.4.msi
Thuban-data-1.0.0.zip (optional)
wxPython2.6-win32-unicode-2.6.3.3-py24.exe
   Go from 
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10718&package_id=10559 
     
pysqlite-2.3.3.win32-py2.4.exe

note that using a language setting where the decimalpoint != '.' like German
you will run into a python problem.

Bernhard

-- 
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner

---

From: "Brian Pribis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:35:35 -0400

Thanks Bernhard, that did the trick.  I guess I should have looked harder
:)   Everything is working fine now.

b--

On 4/11/07, Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Thuban-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-list
>
>

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:07:24 +0200

> :)   Everything is working fine now.

Cool!

If you happen to have nice data, we would like some cool screenshots. ;)
Bernhard