Subject: [Thuban-list] [Thuban-announce] Thuban 1.2.1 released.

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 02:15:30 +0100

Bringing out to light what was hidden -
is a fitting motto of this maintenance release. Thuban had a few interesting
Extensions, but if users saw them depended on their customisation. Now
all Extensions can be enabled per installation.  Not all of these gems
have been fully brought back to life. With ogr you can still open up
all formats this powerful library can read. Wms currently needs a makeover
which is on the list for the next release. Of course a number of defects
have been fixed. The Thuban 1.2.x series seems a little less stable than
usual because of the way we are half way there to fully support unicode
internally. But thanks to our users, all reports help us to iron out
the problems! Thanks to all that have send us feedback!

Download the source from http://wald.intevation.org/frs/?group_id=6
or push your packagers. ;)

Bernhard Reiter
Didrik Pinte

Thuban is an Interactive Geographic Data Viewer - 
extensible and multi-platform - mainly writting in Python.

Changes up to Thuban 1.2.1 (released 2008-02-03)
===========================
 - Rendering: Thuban's accelerated shapefile renderer is now
   robust against shapefiles which contain empty shapes.

 - Text Encoding: Progress to make Thuban run better with different encodings
   and locales.  (Bernhard Reiter)

   + The class generator selector will work even in other languages.
     (Reported by Samuel Mesa)
   + Layer titles from filenames are saved in the correct encoding, so
     strings can be assembled from them, e.g. for the Layer Projection dialog.
     (Reported by Samuel Mesa)
   + Fixed [#586] (projection exception when changing projection)
     (Reported by Stefanie Gunkel)

 - PostGIS support: Migrated from psycopg1 to psycopg2 (Didrik Pinte)
   Now UTF8 environments are better supported.

 - Windows packaging improved. Also it got easier to make a windows package
   that inclused everything. (Didrik Pinte)

 - move to wxPython 2.6 completed (Didrik Pinte)

 - Using the alpha channel for displaying raster images all the time.
   There is no selection possibility anymore for "masktype". (Bernhard Reiter)

   INCOMPATIBLE with Thuban 1.1 (development series) and 1.2.0:
   Ignoring the saved masktype in .thuban files, using "alpha" in all cases.
   With wx2.6 there is no need for other mask types anymore. Doing this
   change fixes a problem on the windows platform, where masktype=bit did
   not work so far.

 - Translation updates
   + Extensions are now localised as well (Bernhard Reiter)
   + German (Bernhard Reiter)
   + French (Didrik Pinte, Daniel Calvelo)
   + Spanish (Daniel Calvelo)
   + (New) Czech (Jachym Cepicky)

 - Problem fixes:

   + Fixed [#403] "can not add raster layer". Adds the ability to open more
     then one raster file from one open dialog by multiple selection.
     Thanks to Jachym Cepicky and Bernhard Herzog. (Bernhard Reiter)

   + Printing reenabled under some platforms. (Bernhard Reiter)

 - Extensions (all Bernhard Reiter)

   + ogr: Some fixes to make it work with encodings and database connections.

   + wms: Some attemps to revive, but found out that PyOGClib is abandoned
     and does not work anymore. Needs work.

   + Extentions are now all under the menu entry with the same name,
     their maturity will be indicated by leading string in the menu text.

   + New installation wide configuration file thuban_cfg.py which by
     default tries to import all interesting Extensions coming with Thuban.

Notable issues:
 - gdal version 1.5.0: The following issue was reported with this new version:
   https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=587
   gdal 1.5.0-3 (from Debian sid) leads to error messages and test failures

 - Extension OGR:
        - Two tests fail (probably because of an ogr/shapelib problem.)
        https://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=91
        The failure looks harmless. As the ogr layer support is beta
        it did not block the release.
        - Is slower than native Shapefile support.
        - Classification might not work.
 - Extension WMS: probably does not work correctly, thus it is disabled
   in Thuban/thuban_cfg.py.
 - Extension profiling: makes use of a non-free "profile" module which
   therefor will not be available on all python installations. Consequently
   it is also not enabled by default.
 - Because we enabled translations for the Extensions only recently,
   some translations will be outdated more then usual.

-- 
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
_______________________________________________
Thuban-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-announce

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:37:05 +0200

Much of the work was about updating Thuban with the latest library
dependencies (gdal >= 1.5, sqlite3, owslib, wxpython 2.8). 

Of course a number of defects have been fixed. 

The Thuban 1.2.x series stabilises slowly and the next release will fix
most of the unicode problems by updating to pyshapelib 0.4. 

Feedback is still the best way to improve Thuban. Thanks to all who have
send bug reports, questions, requests, etc.

Didrik Pinte

Changes up to Thuban 1.2.2 (release 2009-08-18)
==========================

- Migrated to wxpython 2.8

- Improvement : 
  + mouse wheel support in viewport
  + freeze support improved

- Problem fixes:

  + Fix for shptreemodule.c coming from Debian #469007.
  + DTDs 1.1 and 1.2.1 session files are valid DTDs again (Bernhard
Herzog).
  + Fix for Mac and wx 2.8. (Didrik Pinte)
  + Minor improvements in code and documentation (Bernhard Reiter).
  + Important fix in gdalwarp module (thanks to Evan Rouault)
  + Support for sqlite3
  + Class generation not working on 64 bit system (thanks to Antony
Lenton)

 - Extensions

   + wms: experimental migrated to owslib 0.3 (Didrik Pinte)

Notable issues:
 - Extension OGR:
therefore will not be available on all python installations.
Consequently it is also not enabled by default.
https://www.intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-announce