Subject: [Thuban-list] JPG images causing memory errors in Thuban 1.0.0

From: "Roger André" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:16:56 -0700

Hi,

I am having trouble displaying .jpg images in Thuban.  I am able to display
.tif files ok, but any .hpg I bring in gives me a "Pythonw.exe - The Memory
could not be written" error.

Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a fix?

Thanks,

Roger

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:43:01 +0200

Le mardi 02 mai 2006 à 15:16 -0700, Roger André a écrit :
> Hi,
> 
> I am having trouble displaying .jpg images in Thuban.  I am able to
> display .tif files ok, but any .hpg I bring in gives me a "Pythonw.exe
> - The Memory could not be written" error.
> 

Hi Roger,

Raster files are displayed using the gdal library. What version of gdal
are you using (the 1.1.8 from the Thuban website) ? What os are you
running ?

Didrik

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:05:05 +0200

Hi Roger,

> are you using (the 1.1.8 from the Thuban website) ? What os are you

I think the "Pythonw.exe" will probably indicate that it is Windows. 

Roger,
do you happen have a an example .hpg file for us?
Did you give the new windows 1.1.0 package a chance also?

Best,
	Bernhard R.

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:06:25 +0200

> do you happen have a an example .hpg file for us?

I am just realising that this most likely is a typo, sorry for the noise.
An small .jpg file that produces the bug for you would be nice.
I'll take it is a georeferences jpeg?

---

From: "Roger André" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:24:43 -0700

Hello Bernhard and Didrik,

Very sorry to have not replied sooner, but I was out of town on a family
emergency and have just returned.  I have not yet installed the later
version of Thuban to test if the problem exists with it as well.  I will do
that later today or tomorrow, and will let you know my results.

I did in fact make a typo in my original message and the type of file I am
trying to display is a georeferenced .jpg.  It is approximately 2 MB in
size, which may be larger than you want me to send in an email.  It is a
.jpg with an accompanying world file.  I now have Linux running properly on
this machine as well, so I will install the Linux version of Thuban as well,
and will test in both.

Thanks for your continued feedback on this,

Roger
--

---

From: "Roger André" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:05:57 -0700

Ok, I've tested the image in Windows with Thuban 1.0.1 and am happy to
report that it works prefectly.

Roger
--

On 5/13/06, Roger André <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 5/12/06, Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked] > wrote:
> >

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:55:43 +0200

>    report that it works prefectly.

Nice, thanks for reporting.
We hope that Thuban is useful for you!

If you happen to have a chance, we are also very interested
in your feedback to 1.1.0 on windows. ;)
(I have just added a pointer to the webpages that points
to the download section on the thuban.wald.intevation.org pages.)

Best,
	Bernhard R.

---

From: "Roger André" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:47:07 -0700

I will test it soon as I can.  This product is fantastic  I wish I could
code in Python, I can think of many extensions that I would love to help
make.  Thanks for all your work.
--

On 5/19/06, Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Thuban-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-list
>
>
>

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:43:54 +0200

Am 19. May 2006 um 14:47:07 schrieb Roger André:
> 
>    I will test it soon as I can.  This product is fantastic  I wish I
>    could code in Python, I can think of many extensions that I would love
>    to help make.  Thanks for all your work.

You are welcome.
Learning python is quite easy, btw.  :)
If you know other programming languages, the tutorial from
www.python.org helps you to get startet. I probably taked 8 hours to
work through it.