Subject: [Thuban-list] Download new Thuban 1.0.1-3 for Mac OS X

From: Lorenzo Moretti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:18:44 +0100

Sorry but this version fix 1 bug with proj lib.

It's ready for downloading new OS X (1.0.1-3) version (15.9 MB) at:

http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forthuban/

PLEASE READ ReadMe FILE INSIDE THE PACKAGE

REQUIRED:
Mac OS X 10.3 or higher

Changes from 1.0.1-2
problem library fixed

NOTE
Problem with RASTER reprojected:
If I import RASTER and I assign it the right projection the map is OK 
with the vectors.
If I change the map projection the raster is not displayed and I only 
see the vectors modified

Vectors work and Raster no with the reprojection...

Bye

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: [email-masked]     
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/    
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:46:42 +0100

>    Vectors work and Raster no with the reprojection...

I had a similiar problem on Mandrake due to proj and gdal behaving a
bit strange.

Try the following gdal command on the command line (and the iceland data):
	gdalwarp -s_srs '+proj=latlong' -t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=27 +datum=clrk66' island.tif iceland_projected.tif 

I got the following with my strange proj library build on Mandrake:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of 
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed. 
Creating output file is that 4810P x 1428L. 
ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of 
OGRCoordinateTransformation failed. 
:0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done. 
 
If this is the case doing 
     cd /usr/lib/ 
     ln -s libproj libproj.so 
     ldconfig 
seems to resolve the issue.