Subject: [Thuban-list] Why is main window always behind other windows ?

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:24:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

In Thuban CVS with xfce4 on Debian testing/unstable the main window always
stays behind other open dialog windows, even when I click on it or Alt-Tab
through the windows. I find this quite annoying as sometime you want to
try out a change in symbology and look at the map without having to close
all the dialog windows. This is no problem on a big screen, but when the
screen is a bit smaller, most of the map is hidden and you can't see it. I
imagine this is just a simple window property setting that shouldn't be to
hard to change, or ?

Moritz

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:33:51 +0200

> through the windows. I find this quite annoying as sometime you want to

Not sure if it helps, but I've had a similar problem when fiddling
with modal/non-modal dialog boxes recently (fvwm2 used as window
manager, maybe also icewm).  That's not the case anymore, though,
since proper classes are used now.

This behaviour seems to be intended for some dialog boxes that are
intended to be opened modal without the user withdrawing it without
closing it.  There are clases for modal dialogs and for non-modal
dialogs which have this behaviour pre-defined.

> imagine this is just a simple window property setting that shouldn't be to

If I remember correctly, it's only a window property setting.

My graphic screens are too small about always...  I feel with you. :)

Regards,

	Joey

-- 
Linux - the choice of a GNU generation.