Subject: [Thuban-list] thuban-devel mailing list created

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:19:47 +0100

Hi all,

We've created a new mailing list for Thuban: thuban-devel

Subscription interface:
https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/thuban-devel

The topic of thuban-devel is the development of Thuban.  Automatic mails
from the bug-tracker about new entries and from cvs about checkins will
go to that list as well.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:01:20 +0100

Hi!

> from the bug-tracker about new entries and from cvs about checkins will

Is this list supposed to carry discussions as well?  If it is not
only supposed for such automatic mails I'd like to propose sending
CVS mails including the patch[1] to a separate thuban-cvs list so
automatic mails don't clutter the discussions.

  1. http://cvs.infodrom.org/scripts/cvs-mailcommit

Regards,

	Joey

-- 
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:11:19 +0100

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:01:20PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Is this list supposed to carry discussions as well?  

Yes.

> If it is not

As long as we do not have a huge numer of automatic message, 
we try to have them on the -devel list. If they get numerous,
we'll add another list. 

BTW: What application is patched by [1]?

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:13:49 +0100

> from the bug-tracker about new entries and from cvs about checkins will

I've updated http://thuban.intevation.org/mailinglist.html
accordingly.

	Jan

-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:20:30 +0100

> we try to have them on the -devel list. If they get numerous,

Ok.

> BTW: What application is patched by [1]?

None.  It's a standalone program one can add to the CVS server and
make it send out CVS messages including n lines of the patch to a
given address.  It's hooked into CVSROOT/loginfo if I remember
correctly.

Regards,

	Joey

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:46:38 +0100

> given address.  It's hooked into CVSROOT/loginfo if I remember

Oh, after reading my text again I understand why you asked.  It wasn't
written non-ambiguous.  The text was meant as (sending CVS mails
including the patch)[1], not patch[1].

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

	Joey