Subject: [Thuban-list] Re: Thuban Installation Error?

From: Frank Koormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:35:19 +0100

Hi Adnan Younas,

* sweet cute <[email-masked]> [040123 11:20]:
> 
> Hi,
> I am Adnan Younas from Malaysia, I was having problems while
> installing thuban pre-requsites its ok now for some things but now i m
> facing problems with Pysqlite and thuban when i give the command
> "python setup.py buildl" or "python setup.py Install" or "python
> setup.py Install_local" it gives me error of " command 'cl.exe'
> failed: No such file or directory"..............  can any one pls help
> me in this regard.....i'll be thankfull for any help in this
> regard.....waiting for reply,

Based on the 'cl.exe' I guess that you are trying to install Thuban
under a Win32 system - from scratch. In this case you would need a complete 
developer suite on your system like MSDevStudio (or mingw ?).

I suggest to use the binary packages provided and linked at

        http://thuban.intevation.org/download.html#bin_w2000

instead of building Thuban and some Python extensions from the sources.
Please make sure that you use the same Python/wxPython versions as they
are named on the download page.

Best regards,

        Frank

-- 
Frank Koormann                             <[email-masked]>
 Professional Service around Free Software       (http://intevation.net/)
 FreeGIS Project                                 (http://freegis.org/)

---

From: "sweet cute" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:20:14 +0500

Hi,
I am Adnan Younas from Malaysia, I was having problems while installing 
thuban pre-requsites its ok now for some things but now i m facing problems 
with Pysqlite and thuban when i give the command "python setup.py buildl" or 
"python setup.py Install" or "python setup.py Install_local" it gives me 
error of " command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory"..............
can any one pls help me in this regard.....i'll be thankfull for any help in 
this regard.....waiting for reply,
bye.
Adnan Younas
MS Student ("GIS")
Information System Department,
Faculty of computer Science and Information System,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus