Subject: [Thuban-list] some questions about Thuban usage

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:40:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Next to the performance question, I also have some usage issues that have
come up during my testing:

1) When generating classes and color ramps, the resulting symbols don't
provide polygon edges by default. I have to go through all the classes and
edit the symbol for each one of them. Would it be possible to create a
switch to display polygon edges for all classes ?

2) Is it possible to edit the class boundaries by hand ?

3) Is it possible to edit a table from within Thuban ?

4) How can I make Thuban remember the print command to use ?

Ok, that's it for now ;)

Moritz

---

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Jul 2003 15:45:41 +0200

> come up during my testing:

i'm looking into those performance issues.

> switch to display polygon edges for all classes ?

yes, and i think it may be a good idea, but what color should they be?
always black? i'm not sure what's best.

> 2) Is it possible to edit the class boundaries by hand ?

sure, just click on the cell and type. singleton values are then just a
single number/string, and ranges can be specified by like so:

[1;5.5] - range from 1 to 5.5 inclusive
]1;5.5[ - range from 1 to 5.5 exclusive
[-oo;oo] - range from negative infinity to positive infinity

> 3) Is it possible to edit a table from within Thuban ?

not yet.

> 4) How can I make Thuban remember the print command to use ?

can't do that yet.

--jonathan

-- 
======================================================================
 Jonathan Coles                                [email-masked]
 Intevation GmbH                             http://www.intevation.de
======================================================================

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:06:39 +0200 (CEST)

> always black? i'm not sure what's best.

I'm not sure either. The best would probably be to allow the user to chose
a color to apply to all boundaries. But if that's not possible, I would
think that black is probably the best bet.

> [-oo;oo] - range from negative infinity to positive infinity

Ok, thanks. When I tried, I left out the brackets, so it didn't take my
changes.

Moritz