Subject: [Thuban-list] Mac OSX version

From: "Peter Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:59:41 +0000

I'm also interested in any progress made on an updated Mac OSX installer.
While I'm not a programmer and can't contribute to the development effort, I am an interested user willing to spread the word on any good OSX GIS package. I do believe there would be much more interest in this product as more OSX user hear about it...
---------------------
Peter Nelson

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:01:54 +0200

> While I'm not a programmer and can't contribute to the development effort, I am an interested user willing to spread the word on any good OSX GIS package. I do believe there would be much more inte…

I've started to work on it. I will post something for test as soon as
possible.

Didrik

---

From: Didrik Pinte <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:23:19 +0200

> I've started to work on it. I will post something for test as soon as

FYI, building thuban on MacOSX is much harder than on linux ... Due to
macintel platform and universal binaries, all the libraries used by
thuban must be compiled as universal libs ... that's not easy ;-) I have
just found a workaround for proj thanks to William Kyngesburye. For some
details, look at this :
http://bugzilla.remotesensing.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1595 

Didrik

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:08:31 +0200

On Friday 12 October 2007 18:23, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> Due to
> thuban must be compiled as universal libs ... that's not easy ;-)

No way to make two versions and mark them accordingly?
While I like the concept in principle, the other way would be much
easier to go, I guess.

-- 
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: www.Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner