Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban 0.1.3 released

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 16:23:31 +0100

Hi all,

Thuban 0.1.3 is now available from the usual places:
http://thuban.intevation.org/download.html

Overview of the changes since 0.1.2:

  - Thuban now requires at least Python 2.1. As a result of this, the
    requirement of PyXML has been dropped. Thuban now uses the XML
    parsers that come with Python.

  - Thuban is extensible with python modules now. Extensions can add new
    menu items and tools. The new Examples subdirectory contains some
    commented extensions that explain how this works.

  - Thuban can be more easily used to build applications on top of it.
    Applications built this way can have their own application objects,
    and main windows, among other things. 

    We use this feature at Intevation for the GUI client of GREAT-ER:
    http://great-er.intevation.org/

  - Installing thuban now creates a module thubaninit that can be
    imported by applications built on top of Thuban to initialize paths
    needed for Thuban.

  - There's a small test suite now in test/.

  - The identify dialog now allows the user to modify the attributes.
    The current implementation of this may be a bit dangerous in that
    editing is on by default, there's no undo and you don't have to
    press a button to commit the changes.

For more changes see the ChangeLog file.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
MapIt!                                           http://www.mapit.de/