Subject: [Thuban-list] Module sqlite.py

From: Dan Putler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 10:43:10 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the CVS version of Thuban to work on a RH9 box.  Every 
thing built (after a wee bit of mucking with setup.py), but Thuban dies 
on initialization because it can't find the module sqlite.  Am I correct 
in assuming that installation of PySQLite is now required as part of the 
current CVS version of Thuban?

Dan
-- 
_________________________________________
Dan Putler
UBC Commerce
Email: putler at commerce dot ubc dot ca
Phone: 604-822-8329

---

From: Dan Putler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 13:31:26 -0700

Hi all,

I've answer my own question by loading both SQLite and PySQLite and it 
stopped Thuban stopped complaining about the import failure.  Things now 
go a bit further, but Thuban now crashes with the error:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/thuban/Lib/wxproj.so: undefine symbol: 
__gx_personality_v0

My guess is that it has to do with an inability to get at the Proj.4 
library, but I don't really know.  To provide some background, I'm using 
RedHat's version of GCC 3.2.2 and Python version 2.2.2 (is only Python 
2.2.1 allowed?).  I'm also using the next release up of wxGTK and its 
development libraries.

Dan

---

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 2003 11:40:02 +0200

first off, yes, Thuban now requires SQLite and PySQLite. The debian
packages are sqlite and python2.2-sqlite respectively.

second, I think the undefined symbol should have been
__gxx_personality_v0 (with two x's).

third, we have a redhat9 installation here with gcc 3.2.2, python 2.2.2
(compiled with gcc 3.2.2) and wxGTK 2.4.0.7. Everything compiles and
runs fine. The undefined symbol is a problem with the c++ libraries not
with proj4. Perhaps there is a problem with the path to the correct
runtime library (__gxx_personality_v0 is defined in libstdc++).

let me know of any more problems.

btw, what things did you need to change in setup.py?

--jonathan

-- 
Jonathan Coles
Intevation GmbH
http://www.intevation.de