Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban Logo

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:16:21 +0200

Hi,

approaching release 1.0 it is time to think about a logo for
Thuban. Frank Koormann prepared some studies:
	http://thuban.intevation.org/logos/logos.html
What do you think?

Any opinions, suggestions and logo ideas are very welcome!

My personal favorite of the page above would be No.1 with
little lindworm-like wings.

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/

---

From: Thomas Arendsen Hein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:17:59 +0200

> 	http://thuban.intevation.org/logos/logos.html

Our dragon should be user friendly, therefore it needs those big
eyes of logos 1/5/6.

But to make the dragon different from a snake, there should be small
wings or a "dorsal fin" (what's the correct name here?) like on
http://www.reptilien-center.de/goniocephalus%20grandis.jpg

Thomas

-- 
Email: [email-masked]
http://intevation.de/~thomas/

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 12:58:03 +0200

> 	http://thuban.intevation.org/logos/logos.html

The proposals are more like icons than logos.

If we were searching for a logo, 
I'd say it should contain some letters of "Thuban".

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:04:00 +0200

> I'd say it should contain some letters of "Thuban".

Maybe a (stylized) map of a fictitious contry name "Thuban".

    Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/

---

From: Frank Koormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:27:37 +0200

> > 	http://thuban.intevation.org/logos/logos.html

Added a winged version of Logo1 as pproposed by Jan.

> The proposals are more like icons than logos.

The page title is somewhat misleading. The explanatory texts are more
precise. I was thinking of an icon. A logo is already on the first page.
 
> I'd say it should contain some letters of "Thuban".

I fear using a "T" will have the potential for a bunch of new problems
...

Frank

-- 
Frank Koormann                             <[email-masked]>
 Professional Service around Free Software       (http://intevation.net/)
 FreeGIS Project                                 (http://freegis.org/)