Subject: [Thuban-list] How are .ptj files handled in Thuban?

From: "Roger André" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:08:42 -0700

Hi,

I would like to know how .prj files are handled by Thuban.  Does it read
them and set the projection of the shapefile, or does it assume everything
is in Geographic coordinates with a pre-defined, common datum?  I am trying
to view some georeferenced images with shapefile layers above them, and need
to know definitively what the client is doing vis a vis projections.

Thanks,

Roger

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:39:58 +0200

Am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 20:08 schrieb Roger André:
> to view some georeferenced images with shapefile layers above them, and
> need to know definitively what the client is doing vis a vis projections.

IIRC, Thuban (i.e. shapelib in this case) does not consider the
prj-files. By default it uses geographic coordinates.

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban    : thuban.intevation.org
Intevation GmbH  : www.intevation.de       | Kolab     : www.kolab.org
FreeGIS          : www.freegis.org         | GAV       : www.grass-verein.de