Subject: [Thuban-list] Latest working dependency versions?

From: Philip Dillon-Thiselton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:57:39 +0100

Hello

Could anyone please tell me which versions of thuban's dependencies are 
known to work?  Is it just those in the readme or are some others ok?  I 
am trying to create a package for a bleeding edge linux distro and we 
are having some problems.

wxgtk
sqlite (2 or 3?)
python
pysqlite (1.0, 1.1 or 2.0?)
wxpython

Any help greatly appreciated!

Phil

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:37:40 +0200

> are having some problems.

What problems exactly?

> wxgtk

Anything > 2.4 should work.  I haven't tested 2.6 yet, but 2.5.5 works
fine for the most part.  Unicode builds are not well supported yet, but
I'll commit something later today that will hopefully improve it.

> sqlite (2 or 3?)

I only tested with 2 so far.  Currently I'm using 2.8.

> python

Anything >= 2.2 should work.  We haven't tested Thuban with 2.4 yet,
though.  2.2 and 2.3 definitely work.

> pysqlite (1.0, 1.1 or 2.0?)

I'm using 1.0.1 at the moment.  2.0 requires sqlite 3 IIRC, so that
hasn't been tested.  I'm not sure about 1.1.

> wxpython

Use the version that exactly fits your wxgtk version.  It's best to
compile them together.  wxpython is part of the wxGTK tarballs, IIRC.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:05:03 +0200

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 05:21:50PM +0100, Phil Dillon-Thiselton wrote:
> The two errors we have faced are:
> 
> ImportError: No module named sqlite
> 
> That was with pysqlite2

Yes.  The name of the module has changed in pysqlite2.  There are
probably other incompatible changes.

> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>     Cannot create a consistent method resolution
> order (MRO) for bases Control, Window
> 
> That was with pysqlite 1.0.1 and 1.1.6 (if I recall correctly)

This is a bug in Thuban that was fixed in HEAD back in February.

   Bernhard