Subject: [Thuban-list] PO-files for FR and ES

From: "Daniel Calvelo Aros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 06:06:46 -0500

Hi all.

Please find attached po-files for Spanish and French, current with April
20th CVS.

Jonathan, are you working on non-uniform classgens? I'd like to help in
that part. If we could come up with something as usable as ArcGIS range
definition helper (which uses variable-bin-width histograms to show
user- and machine-defined ranges), I would have VERY strong arguments to
introduce several users to Thuban...

Cheers,

Daniel.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
--
-- Dirección General de Información Agraria
-- Ministerio de Agricultura
-- (51-1) 424-9001

---

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 11:46:05 +0200

> introduce several users to Thuban...

I'm not working on that at the moment, but there has been some
discussion about such features. I don't have the time to be implementing
them myself at the moment, but if you want to start looking into it I
can certainly answer any question you may have.

The class generation code is in Thuban/UI/classgen.py. The main dialog
is implemented with ClassGenDialog, and then each of the different
generators is a seperate panel. Currently, there are only two:
GenUniformPanel (for creating classes with equal interval groups) and
GenUniquePanel (for creating classes with one value per group). The
classes themselves are generated using the ClassGenerator class. You
would need to implement a new panel and a new generator method and then
add some code in ClassGenDialog to use them.

--jonathan

-- 
Jonathan Coles
Intevation GmbH
http://www.intevation.de

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 21:15:23 +0200

> Please find attached po-files for Spanish and French, current with April

Thanks. They look fine mostly, except for some minor issues:

In es.po there are 9 fuzzy entries. AFAICT, at least 2 of the fuzzy
entries are actually wrong (could be because of a previous msgmerge)

This one's clearly wrong as the translation doesn't have a %s:

#: ../Thuban/Model/session.py:179
#, fuzzy, python-format
msgid "Session: %s"
msgstr "Guardar sesión como"

This one's probably wrong

#: ../Thuban/Model/session.py:185
#, fuzzy
msgid "unnamed session"
msgstr "&Guardar Sesión"

And this one, too (stumbled about this accidentally :)):

#: ../Thuban/UI/renderer.py:290
#, python-format
msgid "Unhandled shape type %s"
msgstr "El Tipo de Capa %s no es aceptado"

It seems the spanish version says "The type of the layer %s is not
accepted" or something like that. The %s is expanded to the shape type
not the layer name. I'm not sure this should be translated at all,
though. Ideally the user should never see this message.

I've brought both up to date with current CVS (so now there are more
untranslated and fuzzy entries of course :) ) and checked them in.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
MapIt!                                           http://www.mapit.de/