Subject: [Thuban-list] Errors and notes about OSX version

From: Lorenzo Moretti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:43:55 +0100

Notes about Thuban-OSX-1.0.1-3

Problems with raster reprojected (resolved with a tip for version 1.0.1-3)
There is a strange link inside GDAL library (I have sent a note to 
gdal mailing list) and GDAL always see libproj.so installed in 
/usr/local/lib. This is an error because proj can be installed in 
other directory.
There is a tip (not very beatiful for an application) but it works in 
Mac OSX binary: create a symbolic link to libproj.0.dylib inside 
Thuban application. If you have Thuban 1.0.1 app inside Thuban 1.0.1 
folder inside Applications folder you enter this command in terminal:
% sudo ln -s /Applications/Thuban\ 1.0.1/Thuban\ 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Frameworks/libproj.0.dylib 
/usr/local/lib/libproj.so
      ... enter your password and return
Now rasters layers can be reprojected.

Problem with wms
Until the end of January it was possible to see wms demo link inside 
Thuban for OS X (http://frida.intevation.org/cgi-bin/frida_wms?) with 
all layers. Now Thuban is connected to that link but nothing is 
diplayed: all layers are selected, the scale bar is OK but nothing is 
diplayed. Is it changed the remote link? The Thuban version is the 
same.
This is the error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/view.py", 
line 209, in _do_redraw
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/view.py", 
line 258, in _render_iterator
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/baserenderer.py", 
line 203, in render_map_incrementally
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Extensions/wms/wms.py", 
line 57, in render_wms_layer
TypeError: draw_raster_data() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)

Problems with PostGis connections
My Postgis works with Grass and Qgis but in Thuban I have some 
problems. I can enter the parameters for db and this is OK. From Add 
Layers from I can select a layer from db with ID column and Geometry 
Column (wkb_geometry). Only the first time I see the layers but if I 
choose a projection layer Thuban goes to error:
SELECT extent("wkb_geometry") FROM "provincia_ro";
(per piacere segnala l'errore a http://thuban.intevation.org/bugtracker.html)

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/mainwindow.py", 
line 294, in invoke_command
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/command.py", 
line 121, in Execute
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/mainwindow.py", 
line 1068, in call_method
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/mainwindow.py", 
line 973, in FullExtent
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/UI/viewport.py", 
line 483, in FitMapToWindow
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/Model/map.py", 
line 209, in ProjectedBoundingBox
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/Model/map.py", 
line 188, in BoundingBox
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/Model/layer.py", 
line 169, in LatLongBoundingBox
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/Model/layer.py", 
line 162, in BoundingBox
   File "/Applications/Thuban 
1.0.1.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Thuban/Model/postgisdb.py", 
line 639, in BoundingBox
ProgrammingError: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands 
ignored until end of transaction block

SELECT extent("wkb_geometry") FROM "provincia_ro";

Why?

------------------------------------
Notes about last Thuban-cvs-05-02-11

Raster
Background Raster Layer are returned black and more than 1 raster on 
Thuban now clean the raster layer below. In 1.0.1-3 more raster 
layers can be displayed without cleaning.

All properties windows
Now there is a strange format text in the box inside any layer 
Properties window. In the box called Title, the name of layer is 
missing to the left of box. I see only the last letter of name and I 
have to move the cursor to the left for viewing the whole name. This 
is OK in previous 1.0.1-3

Open layer via OGR (Map menu)
Under this menu there are 3 menu. The first: Open an ogr-file is OK. 
The second: Select file format open a window for Choosing file format 
but If I select on the left column one format (ex: ESRI Shapefile) 
and I press OK I have this error:
An unhandled exception occurred:
ChooseFileFormat instance has no attribute 'lb_driver'
(please report to http://thuban.intevation.org/bugtracker.html)

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Applications/Thuban 1.0.1/Thuban 1.0.1 
cvs.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Extensions/ogr/ogrdialog.py", 
line 131, in OnRetrieve
AttributeError: ChooseFileFormat instance has no attribute 'lb_driver'

NOT resolved
- Toolbar is missing
- Sometimes Legend is window locked and resizer window doesn't work 
(this is linked to the Toolbar absence)

Bye
-- 
________________________________________________________________________
||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: [email-masked]     
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/    
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:11:05 +0100

Hi Lorenzo,

thanks for the reports!

>    Problems with raster reprojected (resolved with a tip for version

Good that this is solved, it caught me on Mandrake, too.

>    Thuban now clean the raster layer below. In 1.0.1-3 more raster layers
>    can be displayed without cleaning.

I would expect this to be the other way round, because only the CVS
has the new raster code, which allows overlapping raster images.

>    is OK in previous 1.0.1-3

I think a screenshot would be interesting here.

>    but If I select on the left column one format (ex: ESRI Shapefile) and
>    I press OK I have this error:
> 
>    cvs.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/Extensions/ogr/ogrdial
>    og.py", line 131, in OnRetrieve
> 

I think this will be interesting to Nina who is actively working on this
part of the code.

>    (this is linked to the Toolbar absence)

I hope for improvement in the future when CVS can run with wxPython 2.5.

Best,
	Bernhard

---

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:56:27 -0500

> I think a screenshot would be interesting here.

in the layer properties box i add the line
text_title.SetInsertionPointEnd() because i thought it was inconvenient
to have the insertion point at the beginning on the title text. if
someone wanted to change the text they would generally have to move to
the end of the title first.

this call is probably what is causing the strange behavior, but it would
seem to me to be a bug with wx.

--jonathan

-- 
=====================================================================
 Jonathan Coles                               http://www.jpcoles.com
 [email-masked]                    GnuPG Key: /gpg_pub_key.asc
=====================================================================