Subject: [Thuban-list] simple tool

From: "Fidel Serrano" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:21:03 -0400 (EDT)

im working with thuban 0.9.0 in windows xp, i added the hello world extention and worked perfectly, so i tried to add simple_tool extention, adding the statement import simple_tool  to the thubanstart.py file, and copying simple_tool.py and simple_tool.xpm
to the thuban folder, it didnt work, is there something else that i have to do to make it work?

any help would be great 
______________________________________________________________
Sponsored By:

The ByRegion Network 
http://www.HealerPages.info

The Rumi Spirit Card
http://www.omplace.com/rumi

OmPlace - The Conscious Living Directory - FREE Email          
http://www.omplace.com

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:38:26 +0200

> to the thuban folder, it didnt work, is there something else that i have to do to make it work?

well, first of all you found a bug ;-)
If fixed it in CVS a minute ago.
In simple_command.py just import Tool from viewport, not from view
(line 19).

Furthermore, for simple_tool I recommed to use the alternative
to leave the files where they are and extend the PYTHONPATH
instead to cover the directory Examples/simple_extensions

Now it should work.

Thanks for finding this problem!

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/