Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban at WikiPedia.de

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:32:37 +0100

Hi,

I just stumbled across this nice article on Thuban (the GIS tool)
at the german WikiPedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuban
:-)

I linked this from the about page of Thuban:
http://thuban.intevation.org/about.html

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:44:08 +0100 (CET)

> at the german WikiPedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuban

The article presents Thuban as a GIS. Is this how you see Thuban ?
Shouldn't this be corrected to Interactive Geographic Data Viewer ?

Moritz

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:40:20 +0100

> Shouldn't this be corrected to Interactive Geographic Data Viewer ?

Well, it seems Thuban will grow beyond a simple viewer (though it will
never reach something like GRASS):

Just yesterday I learned that a developer group implemented quite
a number of features ontop of Thuban (I've seen a live demo).
Delauney, Voronoi, CSV import, fuzzy classication analysis just being some of them.
I am all excited about this and we will hopefully receive all of that
soon :-)

Best

	Jan