Subject: [Thuban-list] Another unsuccesful try

From: Alexander Pucher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 00:04:42 +0100

Hi, 
upgraded to all necessary packages since my last mail (incl. gcc 3.2.2)  
and tried the Thuban CVS code.

This time the output looks like this:

-----------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/thuban", line 21, in ?
    import Thuban.UI.main
  File "/usr/local//lib/thuban/Thuban/UI/main.py", line 18, in ?
    from application import ThubanApplication
  File "/usr/local//lib/thuban/Thuban/UI/application.py", line 28, in ?
    import view
  File "/usr/local//lib/thuban/Thuban/UI/view.py", line 23, in ?
    from wxproj import point_in_polygon_shape, shape_centroid
ImportError: /usr/local//lib/thuban/Thuban/../Lib/wxproj.so: undefined 
symbol: __gxx_personality_v0
----------------------

Best regards,
alex

-- 
________________________________________________________

Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien
Kartografie und Geoinformation

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48644
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: [email-masked]

FTP: ftp://ftp.gis.univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto
--------------------------------------------------------
Virtual Map Forum: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/vmf
--------------------------------------------------------
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind -- Mahatma Gandhi

---

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Mar 2003 10:31:32 +0100

first, i'm sorry this is causing such difficulty.

second, could you please send a list of which packages you have upgraded
to? i still think that this is a library problem. if the packages you
installed were compiled with gcc 2.95, for example, then compiling
Thuban with gcc 3.2.2 could be the cause of this problem.

thank you for your continued interest in getting this to work, despite
the problems :) it really is appreciated.

--jonathan

-- 
Jonathan Coles
Intevation GmbH
http://www.intevation.de

---

From: Alexander Pucher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:01:19 +0100

>first, i'm sorry this is causing such difficulty.
The thing is, I want to get this app running on my machine. (1) because 
I need a smart shape-file viewer on my linux machine (really looking 
forward to the postGIS connection!!) and (2) because I hate it if 
something won't run on linux ;-)

>Thuban with gcc 3.2.2 could be the cause of this problem.
I will do this asap (got other stuff to finish today)

>the problems :) it really is appreciated.
I'm glad you say that! I though you might think something like 'Oh, this 
guy again..'

BTW, I think it would be a good idea to add links to the several 
additional packages needed by Thuban on the 'download section' of the 
Thuban homepage. Non-experts might get confused ...

Oops, just had a look at the page and saw that you already did that - 
Thanks for that.

Keep going, this is a great piece of software (at least from what I saw 
from the screenshots;-)

Regards,
alex

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48644
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649