Subject: [Thuban-list] Data Model for thuban...

From: "Adnan Younas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:06:30 +0500

Hi All Friends!

I am Adnan Younas..doing MS.... and develop a spatio-temporal data 
model....Its my first mail and i would like to ask some queries... I hope to 
have a better responce from u...
1- Is this possible that we can access our data from our access managed DBS 
means we can attach our shape file with the table which is placed in the 
access DBMS bcz alot of tables are attached with each other there ...
2- I would like to contribute in the data model for Thuban as i have decided 
to use the thban interface for my Data model...

i have few more quries but i m still reading thuban manual so i'll ask the 
other quries continuesly....

thanx and hope to hear from all of u soon...take care...bye

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:22:47 +0100

Hello Adnan,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:06:30PM +0500, Adnan Younas wrote:
> I am Adnan Younas..doing MS.... 
> to have a better responce from u...

MS = Master ?

> access DBMS bcz alot of tables are attached with each other there ...

In principle you can access database systems.
Thuban comes with the capability to connect to databases
that are in line with the Simple Features for SQL specification.
Especially postgis.

When you have a full shapefile in the database,
you will have to create an extension that extracts the shapefile first
and then gives it to Thuban. Should be easy.

> 2- I would like to contribute in the data model for Thuban as i have 
> decided to use the thban interface for my Data model...

You are very welcome to contribute and make suggestions.

> thanx and hope to hear from all of u soon...take care...bye

	Bernhard R.