Subject: [Thuban-list] error on execution

From: "Jonathan Giorgio Ghellere" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:38:58 -0300

When I try to execute the thuban.py, the following error occurs.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./thuban.py", line 11, in ?
    import Thuban
  File "./Thuban/__init__.py", line 20, in ?
    _translation = translation("thuban", _message_dir, fallback = 1)
TypeError: translation() got an unexpected keyword argument 'fallback'

Someone knows what is going on that ?

RedHat 7.3 
I instaled the Python 2.2.

tks.
sorry my english.. =)

--
http://www.ecosconsult.com.br
EcosConsult Planejamento Ltda

_________________________________
Protegido - Inflex com uvscan antivirus
Linux        - Sendmail

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 17:04:02 +0200

> I instaled the Python 2.2.

As the download page says, Thuban needs Python 2.2.1. In 2.2 the
translation function does not have the fallback parameter which Thuban
uses.

Another reason Thuban requires 2.2.1 is that that's the oldest release
that has the True and False builtins which are used in Thuban in some
places.

Later 2.2.x releases should also work. I'm not sure about the brand new
2.3 but there were some problems when I tried Thuban with one of the
betas.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/