Subject: [Thuban-list] svg export extension: how to activate

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:29:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I use thuban cvs version compiled with Debian dpkg-buildpackage. This
apparently does not compile all the available extensions, as I only have
gns2shp, importAPR, profiling, wms in /usr/lib/thuban/Extensions.

What do I need to do to compile/activate the svg export extension ?

Moritz

---

From: Martin Schulze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:02:24 +0200

> What do I need to do to compile/activate the svg export extension ?

You should use the CVS version instead if you want to use these features,
I guess.  On thuban.intevation.de you'll be guided on how to access the
CVS repository anonymously.  The README then tells you to run
	python setup.py install_local

After that it should be sufficient to add the the following lines
to your ~/.thuban/thubanstart.py file:

  import Extensions.svgexport.svgsaver
  import Extensions.svgexport.maplegend

If you don't have that file already, just create it with this content.

Remember that this will probably not work with the Debian package
and may end up in Python errors.  

Regards,

	Joey

-- 
Ten years and still binary compatible.  -- XFree86

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:14:34 +0200 (CEST)

> and may end up in Python errors.

Thanks, this answers my question: I didn't quite get the fact that I had
to put in two calls to the subroutines (instead of one to svgexport). Now
it works perfectly (I did use the CVS version, just compiling it via
dpkg-buildpackage), although I have some trouble with importing the
results into sketch. I'll have to check this a bit more thouroughly,
though before filing any reports.

Thanks again,

Moritz

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:55:54 +0200

> though before filing any reports.

importing the svg file -simply as a svg file- into sketch 0.6-series
works out of the box for me. My box is a Debian sarge :-)

importing it as a geo-enabled svg needs some work done on sketch
and will work only with 0.7-series (AFAIKT).

	Jan

-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:48:58 +0200 (CEST)

> works out of the box for me. My box is a Debian sarge :-)

I identified the problem. It is the same as with the identify mode: as
long as polygons do not have a fill color they are not exported (just as
you cannot see their corresponding information if you click on the center
of the polygon, not the outline). Once I fill the polygons, it works.

> and will work only with 0.7-series (AFAIKT).

Looking forward to it !

Moritz