Subject: [Thuban-list] [Patch] Discontinuities classifier

From: "Daniel Calvelo Aros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:33:49 -0500

Hi.

The attached patch inserts a distribution discontinuity classifier into
classgen. This one improves the one I sent some weeks ago. Moritz, please take
a look, I think it goes more in the way you mean classifiers to work as helpers...

This patch is independent of the HSV patch I just sent (It's actually
incompatible because of one tiny import statement), also patches CVS from
22/01 or 18/02.

Daniel.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros
-- Dirección General de Información Agraria
-- Ministerio de Agricultura del Perú
-- (51-1)424-9001

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:37:18 +0100 (CET)

> The attached patch inserts a distribution discontinuity classifier into
classgen. This one improves the one I sent some weeks ago. Moritz,
please
> take

Yes, this is very good. Thank you !

Just one question: using exactly the same data file, I get up to 13
classes with the old code and now only up to 11 classes with the new
patch. Did you change something in the code concerning the significance of
breaks ?

> This patch is independent of the HSV patch I just sent (It's actually
incompatible because of one tiny import statement), also patches CVS
from
> 22/01 or 18/02.

So, do I understand correctly that for the moment I have to chose between
the patches and that I can't apply them all ? Would it be possible to
combine everything into one patch ?

Moritz