Subject: [Thuban-list] manual for developers

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:19:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

is there a manual for developers explaining the insides of Thuban ? If
not, where can interested people look for explanation of the code
structure ?

Moritz

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:30:13 +0200

Hi Moritz,

> not, where can interested people look for explanation of the code

So far we do not have a developers manual.
The user's manual contains some hints on how to develop
extensions though.

We've taken care to comment the source code reasonable enough
to learn from it.
But the overall concepts are not described in a document.

So right now the best strategy to learn about Thuban internals
is to read the source code and ask questions on this mailing list.
A couple of guys who are into (parts of) the code are reading
this list.

You are right that Thuban is now in a position where a developers
guide would be helpful. I'll see what I can do to this.

Best

	Jan

-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:35:42 +0200

> A couple of guys who are into (parts of) the code are reading

oops. I meant the thuban-devel mailing list. Of course not this user
mailing list.