Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban installation

From: "David Trillo Montero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:55:37 +0200

I have another question about Thuban:
I have Python 2.2 installed in my computer. For Python I need python 1.5.2. My question is: do i have to load both, or Thuban can be run with Python 2.2?

---

From: Frank Koormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:11:57 +0200

David,

* David Trillo Montero ([email-masked]) [020418 13:57]:
> I have Python 2.2 installed in my computer. For Python I need python
> 1.5.2. My question is: do i have to load both, or Thuban can be run
> with Python 2.2? 

According to your earlier post I assume that you are using the 
MS Windows version of Thuban. 

Thuban should run with python 2.2, although our development is still
based on python 2.1.x. But for both versions it would be necessary to 
get a matching wxPython version (wxPython-2.3.2.1-Py21.exe or 
wxPython-2.3.2.1-Py22.exe) and to recompile the modules.

I am not sure if a parallel installation of python 1.5.2 and 2.2 is
possible under Win32, since some registry entries might be shared ... 

Regrads,

        Frank

-- 
Frank Koormann                             <[email-masked]>
 Professional Service around Free Software       (http://intevation.net/)
 FreeGIS Project                                 (http://freegis.org/)