Subject: [Thuban-list] Install Thurban question

From: "David Trillo Montero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:20:46 +0200

I have download Thurban but I cannot see anything. Suddently, I saw I needed wxWindows, and I downloaded as well, but still nothing happens. My question is:

What do I need (all extra program, files, whatever...) in order to see Thurban. As you can imagine, i'm a GIS developer and the Thurban project interest me a lot. first, because the script concept (as Avenue for ArcView) offers a wide field to develop tools, involving a litle of code. Also, I have ideas for improveing and, if i can help, developing it and with it. Of course, what i like the best is because is FreeSoftware and everybody should contribute!

So, I'll appreciatte any suggestion about installation in order to tell my ideas.
 
Thank you very much:
  David

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 2002 17:42:37 +0200

"David Trillo Montero" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have download Thurban but I cannot see anything. Suddently, I saw I
> needed wxWindows, and I downloaded as well, but still nothing happens.

By "nothing happens" you mean that you don't even get a window, I guess.

> My question is:
> 
> What do I need (all extra program, files, whatever...) in order to see
> Thurban.

For the Thuban Windows binary you need some additional software, which
unfortunately is not yet mentioned on the web-pages.

You need Python 1.5.2 and wxPython 2.3.1 for Python 1.5.2. Newer
versions of wxPython may also work, but I haven't tested that. For newer
Python versions you'd have to recompile some parts of Thuban.

URLs:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPython-2.3.1-Py15.exe
http://python.org/ftp/python/win32/py152.exe

  Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
MapIt!                                           http://www.mapit.de/