Subject: [Thuban-list] Status and Roadmap towards 1.0

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:01:23 +0200

Hi,

I've shifted the release schedule by one month so that
the 1.0rc1 is planned for 20-October-2003. From there
on, no further delays are to be expected for the roadmap.

We'll spend the exta 4-weeks on further testing (external
feedback was low so far, perhaps due to holiday time), some bugs,
performance analysis/tunings and a small number of little
but helpful features which add benefit to the 1.0 release.

Furtermore, I've added WMS Layer support to the feature list
of 1.2 - an experimental(!) support as Extension will probably
available much earlier (runs for me :-).

I've removed CSV tables as data source from the 1.0 feature list.
The Table-View can create CSVs, but loading them appears not to
be of much helps since you don't have the field types.

One of the little additional features, also submitted as a wish to
the bug-tracker, will be the support of EPSG for projections.
This will also simplify the WMS Layer support.

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/