Subject: [Thuban-list] another Thuban build error

From: Ole Benjamin Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:56:01 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to install Thuban under SuSE Linux 9.0 pro.
I have installed all the mentioned prerequisites including the corresponding 
devel-packages but still I get these errors:

linux:/tmp/Thuban-1.0.0 # python setup.py build
sh: line 1: gdal-config: command not found
"gdal-config --cflags " failed
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'Lib.wxproj' extension
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 
-DHAVE_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -O2 -march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -fPIC 
-Wall -fPIC -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 
-D_LARGE_FILES -Ilibraries/shapelib -I/usr/local/include -Ilibraries/
pyshapelib/ -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.4 -I/usr/include/python2.3 -c 
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.3/libraries/thuban/
wxproj.o
In file included from /usr/include/python2.3/Python.h:8,
                 from libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:16:
/usr/include/python2.3/pyconfig.h:844:1: Warnung: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:25,
                 from libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:13:
/usr/include/features.h:131:1: Warnung: this is the location of the previous 
definition
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:26:22: projects.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht 
gefunden
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:132: error: type specifier omitted for parameter 
`PJ'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:132: error: parse error before `*' token
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: In function `void project_point(...)':
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:136: error: `projUV' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:136: error: (Each undeclared identifier is 
reported only once for each function it appears in.)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:136: error: parse error before `;' token
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:138: error: `proj_point' undeclared (first use 
this function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:138: error: `x' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:139: error: `y' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:141: error: `inverse' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:142: error: `pj_inv' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:144: error: `forward' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:155: error: `DEG_TO_RAD' undeclared (first use 
this function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:158: error: `pj_fwd' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:166: error: `RAD_TO_DEG' undeclared (first use 
this function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:171: error: `xdest' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:171: error: `scalex' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:171: error: `offx' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:172: error: `ydest' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:172: error: `scaley' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:172: error: `offy' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: At global scope:
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:191: error: type specifier omitted for parameter 
`PJ'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:191: error: parse error before `*' token
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: In function `wxPoint* project_points(...)':
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:195: error: `num_vertices' undeclared (first use 
this function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:195: error: `num_parts' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:209: error: `xs' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:209: error: `ys' undeclared (first use this 
function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:223: error: `part_start' undeclared (first use 
this function)
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: At global scope:
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:240: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:241: error: Syntaxfehler before `*' token
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: In function `PyObject* 
draw_polygon_init(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:302: error: 'struct s_draw_info' has no member 
named 'forward'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:307: error: 'struct s_draw_info' has no member 
named 'inverse'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: In function `PyObject* 
draw_polygon_shape(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:386: error: 'struct s_draw_info' has no member 
named 'forward'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:387: error: 'struct s_draw_info' has no member 
named 'inverse'
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp: In function `PyObject* 
point_in_polygon_shape(PyObject*, PyObject*)':
libraries/thuban/wxproj.cpp:501: error: `PJ' undeclared (first use this 
function)
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

can anyone help me with that?

cheers 
Ole

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:37:18 +0100

Hi Ole,

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:56:01PM +0100, Ole Benjamin Schroeder wrote:
>...

>...
>...

seems you do not have gdal (optional) nor proj (mandatory) installed
properly. Properly means here that you have to install the devel
packages to have the *.h files.

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/

---

From: Ole Benjamin Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:00:28 +0100

> packages to have the *.h files.

I reinstalled proj and gdal from sources now (they are not part of my 
distribution) and everything seems to work, thanks.

Except one thing: the attribute tables (and only the attribute tables) are 
labeled in Chinese or Japanese or ... (excuse me, I cannot tell exactly). 
This is not affected by changing the value of LC_ALL. Any idea where I have 
to make the right language settings?

Ole

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:10:33 +0100

> to make the right language settings?

Can you send a screenshot?

	Jan

---

From: Ole Benjamin Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:28:03 +0100

Am Montag, 22. März 2004 21:10 schrieb Jan-Oliver Wagner:
> > Except one thing: the attribute tables (and only the attribute tables)
> > are labeled in Chinese or Japanese or ... (excuse me, I cannot tell
> > exactly). This is not affected by changing the value of LC_ALL. Any idea
> > where I have to make the right language settings?
>

Here you are.
(Maybe this startup message in the shell: "Thuban start module not available" 
is another hint?)

Ole

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:58:03 +0100

> > Can you send a screenshot?

Thanks. Anybody an idea?

> (Maybe this startup message in the shell: "Thuban start module not available" 

No, this is just a hint on a missing thubaninit.py.
It think this message should contain the path of the file
in brackets to be more helpful.

	Jan

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:57:34 +0100

>> > > where I have to make the right language settings?
[...]
> Thanks. Anybody an idea?

The output of the locale command might be helpful.  Also, which
wx-version and since it appears to be wxGTK, which GTK version.  We've
only tested with GTK 1.2.

> No, this is just a hint on a missing thubaninit.py.

OTOH, the message shouldn't be printed at all, I think.  Not having a
thubanstart.py module is a pretty normal situation, after all.

> in brackets to be more helpful.

This should be in the about-box, I think, especially if we don't print
the message on start-up.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/

---

From: Ole Benjamin Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:16:10 +0100

> >> > > Except one thing: the attribute tables (and only the attribute
> >> > > tables) are labeled in Chinese or Japanese or ... (excuse me, I
> >> > > cannot tell exactly). This is not affected by changing the value of
> >> > > LC_ALL. Any idea where I have to make the right language settings?
 [...]
> only tested with GTK 1.2.

oschroed@linux:~> locale
LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_CTYPE="de_DE"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE"
LC_TIME="de_DE"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE"
LC_PAPER="de_DE"
LC_NAME="de_DE"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE"
LC_ALL=de_DE

Versions:
python-wxGTK 2.4.1.2
wxGTK 2.4.1.2
GTK 2.2.3

I also have available gtk 1.2.10 with my distribution, but I'm not sure yet, 
whether this version will work with wxGTX 2.4. I will check this.

ole

---

From: Ole Benjamin Schroeder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:25:49 +0100

> Versions:
> python-wxGTK 2.4.1.2
> wxGTK 2.4.1.2
> GTK 2.2.3
>
> I also have available gtk 1.2.10 with my distribution, but I'm not sure
> yet, whether this version will work with wxGTX 2.4. I will check this.

I checked the dependencies. my wxGTK-2.4.1.2 works with GTK-1.2 (GTK-2 is only 
used by some other applications.).

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:06:18 +0100

> This should be in the about-box, I think, especially if we don't print

I agree. I've filed a report concerning this:
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2363

Best

	Jan