Subject: [Thuban-list] tests for Daniel Cavelo's classifiers

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:14:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Daniel told me that the lack of test keeps his patches for the classifier
from being integrated into the CVS. Could someone explain to me what
exactly is needed in terms of tests and how I could contribute ?

Thanks !

Moritz

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:53:42 +0200

> exactly is needed in terms of tests and how I could contribute ?

I tried to apply his patches some time ago but the did not apply cleanly
to current CVS. I was about to analyse what tests are missing.

So first step would be to apply the patch for HEAD.

Next, one should think about what are the most important tests
and add them to the directory test/
There you can see how the other tests are made - not too difficult
in practice but some brain work to have them useful.
test_color.py is a simple one to get the idea.

Ah well, this is actually better for thuban-devel :-)

Best

	Jan
-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS                                http://freegis.org/

---

From: "Moritz Lennert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:26:48 +0200 (CEST)

> to current CVS. I was about to analyse what tests are missing.

Funny, I just applied the patches to a fresh CVS checkout yesterday and it
worked without any problem...

But you are right, I'll resubscribe to thuban-devel...

Moritz