Subject: [Thuban-list] Is .thuban format "stable"?

From: "Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:48:20 -0500

Hi all.

I was wondering, what is the best way to hook thuban to UMN mapserver?

It seems that XSL-ing the .thuban XML files into map-files would be the way to
go. I'd like to know if you foresee any major modifications of the DTD, or
else what parts of it could be considered stable, in order to experiment a
little with the .thuban->.map translation.

Do you think of other options for getting thuban and mapserver closer?

Daniel.

---

From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:22:45 +0200

Hi Daniel,

> little with the .thuban->.map translation.

it is unlikely that the dtd needs to be changed in the near future
(except for some extensions perhaps).

You don't need necessarily xslt for this. You may also use the
load-function of thuban and instead of creating classes, you can
generate text or whatever you like :-)
Or you may even hook in the mapfile creation as thuban menu using
something similar to the save-function :-)

Let us know if your translation works.

	Jan

-- 
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH	              	     http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS	                               http://freegis.org/

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 May 2003 18:15:32 +0200

> (except for some extensions perhaps).

Well, the table stuff I'm working on will require quite extensive
changes to the way the data sources are specified.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
MapIt!                                           http://www.mapit.de/