Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban 1.0 Translation Status

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:27:43 +0100

The main thing missing for the final Thuban 1.0 release are the
translations. Here's the current Thuban translation status:

de.po: 362 translated
es.po: 303 translated, 22 fuzzy, 37 untranslated
fr.po: 303 translated, 22 fuzzy, 37 untranslated
it.po: 287 translated, 30 fuzzy, 45 untranslated
ru.po: 274 translated, 12 fuzzy, 76 untranslated

Comments: Only de is completely up to date (I admit I have an unfair
advantage :) ). Maurizio Napolitano says he has time for the Italian
translation after 19th December. Alex Shevlakov has updated the russian
translation but one remaining problem there is that the tooltips for
some reason show latin1 text IIRC.

It would be nice if we could make the final release including updated
translations before Christmas, which means next Monday.

   Bernhard

-- 
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/
Thuban                                  http://thuban.intevation.org/

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:28:43 +0100

New translation status:

de.po: 362 translated
es.po: 362 translated
fr.po: 362 translated
it.po: 287 translated, 30 fuzzy, 45 untranslated
ru.po: 268 translated, 18 fuzzy, 76 untranslated

> translations before Christmas, which means next Monday.

It won't be released today after all, but tomorrow.  I have most things
ready, what's missing is some more testing and packaging.

So, if somebody still has some translations to submit, tonight is the
last chance to get it into 1.0.0.

  Bernhard

---

From: Maurizio Napolitano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:18:13 +0100

Sorry! But for the 19 December i was busy for the university, so,
yesterday, i have endend my work of traslation.
The traslation is based on Thuban 1.0rc1.
On my work of traslation i have found some little errors.
The are some messagges write on the source code (i think) or not
linked to the .po file.

The "errors" (for the traslation)
- Select the command "Rename" under the menu "Map"
- The program show a modal window with the title "Map Title"
This string is not present on the thuban.pot file

- Open a shape file
- Select the command "Join" under the menu "Table", 
The default voice is "Select..."
This string is not present on the thuban.pot file

I think there are others strings like this but is'nt a very
problem.

In attachment the italian traslation ;)

Merry Christmans!

---

From: Bernhard Herzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:39:34 +0100

> This string is not present on the thuban.pot file

The corresponding strings in the other rename dialogs (layer and table)
aren't translated either.  Seems to be a typical cut&paste error.  I've
marked them for translation now.
 
> This string is not present on the thuban.pot file

I've marked this one too.

> In attachment the italian traslation ;)

Thanks.

We've decided to go ahead with the 1.0.0 release instead of e.g. making
a new release candidate.  The release will then have the known bug of a
few missing translations but that can be easily remedied by a 1.0.1 in
January or so.

   Bernhard