Subject: [Thuban-list] Thuban v0.2 Released

From: Jonathan Coles <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Mar 2003 12:45:55 +0100

Hi all,

Thuban 0.2.0 is now available from the usual place:
http://thuban.intevation.org/download.html

Overview of the changes since 0.1.3:

- The most striking new feature is classifications.
  A classification is a set of groups that determine how
  a layer is drawn on the map. The groups are
  based on the fields of the associated data table. 

  For example, with the iceland_sample.thuban file you can
  group roads by their length so that all the roads that are
  0-0.2 km are red, 0.2-0.4 km are green, 0.4-0.6 km are blue,
  and so on. Or, you can group the roads into types so that
  all roads of type 1 are red, all roads of type 2 are green,
  and so on. This is what is done in the iceland_sample_class.thuban
  file.

  Classification Screenshots:
  http://thuban.intevation.org/screenshots.html

  Version 0.2.0 is backward compatible with previous releases: it
  can read and write old files. 

- Python 2.2 and wxWindows 2.4 are from now on the reference.
  Thuban will be compatible with these two dependencies for quite
  some time.

- As usual: Various bug fixes, see ChangeLog and Bug Tracker for
  details.

Please submit bug reports here:
http://thuban.intevation.org/bugtracker.html

Enjoy!

--jonathan

-- 
Jonathan Coles
Intevation GmbH
http://www.intevation.de