Subject: avoiding fatal errors

From: "Jakson A. Aquino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:44:41 -0200

Hi,

Next version of statist will have colors! This is the
most visible change for users.

The number of fatal errors when running in interactive mode
was also reduced to a minimum. Wrong parameters, including
the name for a non existent file, still are treated as fatal
errors.  But after started, statist should never quit
abruptly due to either an user error or any other reason. If
a fatal error happens, it's a bug and must be fixed. GNU
recommends that failure to allocate memory should not be
treated as fatal errors in programs running interactively.
I think this suggestion very reasonable, but this wasn't
implemented in statist yet. This is the only fatal error
that allowed to happen in interactive mode, and I think that
I can even add it to the known bugs.

The current status of translations in the cvs is the following:

  Language  Translated   Fuzzy  Untranslated
   pt_BR       451          0         0
   de_DE       439          5         7
   es_ES       382         29        40
   it_IT       369         29        53

I think that the current messages will not change until the
next version.

Best,

Jakson