Subject: equal_freq() and compare_freq()

From: "Jakson A. Aquino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:57:12 -0300

Hello!

The functions equal_freq() and compare_freq() were causing segmentation
fault when there were more than 60 classes of frequency. Bug fixed:

    if(nclass > MCLASS){
      out_err(MAT, ERR_FILE, ERR_LINE, 
          _("Test aborted: There are more than %i classes of frequency.\n"),
          MCLASS);
      return;
    }

Best,

Jakson

---

From: Andreas Beyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:42:32 +0200

Hi Jakson,

You could also create a change-log file to record the changes you make. 
I would use the mailing list only for anouncing major changes (e.g. new 
features or removing features).
But, that's only my opinion. Maybe Bernhard sees that differently.

Jakson, keep going with this great work!
Andreas

Jakson A. Aquino wrote:

>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>Statist-list mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/statist-list
>

-- 
Dr. Andreas Beyer
[email-masked]
www.fli-leibniz.de/~beyer

---

From: "Jakson A. Aquino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 05:21:22 -0300

Hi Andreas,

> features or removing features).

I agree with you, and the changes are being registered in
the file CHANGES.  Until some months ago the traffic in this
list was very low. So it wasn't necessary to think in
splitting it two or three. But now I'm afraid that too much
traffic in the list might lead some people to unsubscribe
the list or to use a filter to delete all messages
automatically as they arrive. I think that it would be
better to have two separate lists, perhaps, three.

One for release announcements, and, perhaps, pre-release
announcement of the need of help to translate strings.

Other for developers, where we would announce changes
applied into the cvs. I think this is important because it
becomes easier to all developers to check each other work,
and correct things before the changes go to a released
version. I have sent the last email, for example, because
I'm not sure that my solution to the bug is really the best
one, and because someone might think in a more informative
and precise error message than what I wrote. In fact, I
think we don't need a real list for developers. We can use
our email software to send messages to three or four people
simultaneously.

The current statist-list would be used by users to report
bugs and ask questions. Developers would report bugs in the
developer's list. Major improvements in the cvs version of
Statist could also be reported here.

Bernhard will move statist to gforge system, which will make
it easier to setup things such as lists and forums.

Best,

Jakson