Subject: [[email-masked]: Re: patch for italian translation]

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 22:45:23 +0200

Had not realised that Nicola's question was posted to the list.
Here is my answer which went to him personally first.
	Bernhard

-- 
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net)  
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure            (ffii.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)

Subject: Re: patch for italian translation
From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
To: Nicola Intini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:13:54 +0200

Hello Nicola,

you should have received my annoucement from the new statist mailinglist. 
I had no time to test the patch and I also do not speack Italian,
but I have made it available from the statist page in the contrib
directory. Hopefully the people on the mailinglist are starting to
communicate more with each other.

I also had a short session about the memory related bug you have
reported, but I could not gain further knowledge.

Best,
 Bernhard

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 10:49:11PM +0200, Nicola Intini wrote:
> I have'nt heard from you since my posting. Is my patch ok? Did you have 
> problems using it?

-- 
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net)  
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure            (ffii.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 23:08:54 +0200

Nicola,

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 10:45:23PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I had no time to test the patch and I also do not speak Italian,

Still don't speak Italien, but I have tested the patch. ;->
There were three typos which I have corrected and put up the new
version in the contrib directory. Statist is magically
speaking Italien now which looks fine to me.

> reported, but I could not gain further knowledge.

Looks like Masao found the problem.  See my other mail.
(Memory function handling was a mess. Everybody should only use the
functions defined in statist.c and _not_ free() or calloc() itself.
m_calloc() is for getting temporary blocks for one array, it checks
on the number of blocks allocated.)

Can you verfiy that the memory related bug is gone with the new patch?

Cheers,
	Bernhard

---

From: Nicola Intini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 11:52:35 +0200

> Can you verfiy that the memory related bug is gone with the new patch?

I will do it. Thanx for the correction of typos. I'm still working on some 
ideas I have about the data manipulation. At work I use statist and 
"statistica" by statsoft". 
Ok, statistica has a fantastic graphic engine that is far from our, but i oft 
find statist more useful for statistic tests.
The Idea i wan to to bring in statist is the chategorisation.
I'm working on it, but I'm fighting against my lack of time.  

Ciao
Nicola