Subject: Re: CVS update: statist/po

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:14:43 +0100

Am 15. Nov 2005 um 16:24:57 schrieb [email-masked]:
> Modified Files:
> 	Makefile 
> Log Message:
>  * Added "-f" to avoid error messages if the directory already is clean

Usually this is not the right fix for Makefile.
Use "-" in front of the command to ignore errors,
-f is potentially dangerous, e.g. if the replacement of the
variables fails.

	Bernhard

---

From: "Jakson A. Aquino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 05:01:11 -0200

Hi Bernhard,

> -f is potentially dangerous, e.g. if the replacement of the

Thanks for noting the problem. I eliminated the "-f" from
po/Makefile and doc/Makefile in my working directory.
However, I didn't remove the "-f" from src/Makefile because
it was there since 1.0.1.

Then, I looked more carefuly at the output of the main
Makefile (make clean) and noted that what is causing make to
stop isn't the lack of "-f", but the undefined variable
$(MAKEFLAGS) in the src/Makefile. This variable causes no
problem if "make" is typed in src, but it's expanded to "w"
when I type "make clean" in the root directory.  I don't
where this "w" comes from. Should the $(MAKEFLAGS) be
removed?

Perhaps we could transfer this discussion to the new
statist-developers forum at wald.intevation.org.

Best,

Jakson

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:47:23 +0100

Hi Jakson,

> po/Makefile and doc/Makefile in my working directory.

Cool.

> where this "w" comes from. Should the $(MAKEFLAGS) be

I cannot say without examine it myself.
We should note it as TODO somewhere.

> statist-developers forum at wald.intevation.org.

Most forums will take more time to use then a mailinglist for me.
I have not seen the "statist-developers" forum there anyway.

	Bernhard

---

From: "Jakson A. Aquino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:31:21 -0200

Hi Bernhard,

> We should note it as TODO somewhere.

I added the item to statist "Tasks" at wald with the lowest
priority flag. Congratulations: The gforge system is working
very well!

> I have not seen the "statist-developers" forum there anyway.

The "statist-developer" is visible to me only when I login
in wal.intevation.org. I can't see it while I'm seen by wald
as a "guest". The mailing list is better to me too. I only
made the suggestion because some people in this list might
no be interested in the details of the development.

Best,

Jakson

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:59:10 +0100

Hi Jakson,

> priority flag. Congratulations: The gforge system is working

thanks.

> as a "guest". 

I should see it then, but I cannot.

> The mailing list is better to me too. I only

So far we do not have much traffic on this list,
so we can still use it as a catch all.
If we get more traffic, we can think about an additional
developers list.

	Bernhard