Subject: filled histograms

From: Michael Potthoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:17:22 +0100

Hi statist-list! A happy new year to all of you.

After i have finished my diploma-thesis on 31.12. last year i have some
time to write messages. I found statist to be very useful when i worked
on my project. I compiled it nearly out of the box under OS/2. I just
made some minor changes to the code to make it run under OS/2. Since i
use GNUPLOT 3.8 that supports filled bars i made some changes to produce
filled histograms. I wanted to attach the new
code, but then the mail bounces then. I'll upload the executables &
source to
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu soon. Meanwhile i supply the code for the filled
histograms here :

changes to plot.c line 263

#ifndef FILLEDHISTO
  fprintf(pipef, "plot [%g:%g][%i:%i] '%s' with boxes linetype
linetype\n",
          minx-step/2., maxx+step/2., miny, maxy, GPL_DAT);
#else
  // draw filled box
  fprintf(pipef, "plot [%g:%g][%i:%i] '%s' with filledboxes linetype
linetype , ",
          minx-step/2., maxx+step/2., miny, maxy, GPL_DAT);
  // draw border
  fprintf(pipef, " '%s' with boxes linetype -1\n", GPL_DAT);
#endif

In order to uses this please insert : #define FILLEDHISTO to plot.h !

Regards, Michael