Subject: Translations

From: Andreas Beyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:27:10 +0200

Hi,

I got a message from someone who would like o write a Spanish
translation of StatistX. I don't think it is wise to expand the
translation-via-macros method to an infinite number of languages. 
Shouldn't we better introduce a gettext-mechanism?

	Andreas

--
---------------------------------------------
	Andreas Beyer - [email-masked]
	http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~abeyer/
---------------------------------------------

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:37:03 +0200

> Shouldn't we better introduce a gettext-mechanism?

I agree.
We need somebody to do it, though.
My suggestion is to leave the English and German strings in the
source code itself and bring Italian and Spanish as first .po files.
It is a good advantage to have the full Italian translation already.

	Bernhard