Subject: spanish "translation"

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:50:09 +0100

Hi. I have done a slapdash translation of "statist" messages to Spanish.
As previously announced, it's done on the sources (merely replacing
deutsche expressions by spanish ones, so the default LANG=DE implies
spanish), not thru a ".po" file, as would be desirable. When I learn to
use "xgettext" properly, I will try again (I had problems with
extraction of strings longer than a line... sure it's a problem of rtfm
carefully).

While waiting for that moment, I call the result "estadist".
You can find in ftp://carleos.etsiig.uniovi.es/pub/statist three files:
- estadist-1.0.1.diff.gz: a patch against statist-1.0.1 (this is my
first patch, done with "diff -Naur"... hope it's correct)
- estadist-1.0.1.tar.gz
- estadist.exe: an executable for (Free)DOS systems compiled with DJGPP
(http://www.delorie.com), and with sources "transliterated" thru GNU
recode (http://www.gnu.org/software/recode/recode.html).

I'm available at carleos @ fisher.ciencias.uniovi.es for any comment. 
I will tell you about my experience with "statist" in my classes.
Thanks a lot.

---

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:52:14 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 09:50:09PM +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
> I have done a slapdash translation of "statist" messages to Spanish.

Thanks for your translation.

> extraction of strings longer than a line... sure it's a problem of rtfm

Any improvement counts.

> recode (http://www.gnu.org/software/recode/recode.html).

The patch is also available from the statist pages now.
The tarball had the transcoded source files and several binaries,
thus I did not copy it, because it might be too confusiong for people.

You might think about adding that you did the translation in the
startup message. A short addition to the readme in the tarball
probably also would be appropriate. You should get the credit of course
and people otherwise might contact me and assume that I speak Spanish. :)

> I will tell you about my experience with "statist" in my classes.

I am really interested in your experiences.
Also let me know if you compare statist to other results
as other programs or manual calculations.

Cheers,
	Bernhard
-- 
Professional Service for Free Software                   (intevation.net)  
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure            (ffii.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)