Subject: SalStat: Knowing StatistX?

From: Bernhard Reiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:13:55 +0200

Alan,
just saw your wxPython statistic application.
	http://salstat.sunsite.dk/
It looks quite promissing, I hope to find time to try it.

In your analysis you write:

		Why another statistics package?

	GNU/Linux doesn't have many free statistics packages. The most
	capable ones rely upon the user learning a command line interface
	(except for the lisp-stat add-on called Vista).

A few years ago I did a similiar analysis about statistic 
application which are Free Software.
It is great to see that you've came to similiar conclusions
and started a project with very reasonable technical decisions
regarding GUI toolkit (WxWindows) and programming language (Python).

Please note that your list of Free Software GUI statistic
applications is missing "StatistX" based on "Statist".
	http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~abeyer/private/StatistX/
	http://www.usf.uos.de/~breiter/tools/statist/index.de.html

Statist and StatistX started a lot earlier, 
but are quite useful and tested in their areas.

A link to the category in SAL might be useful the readers of your
page to find other Free Software dealing with statistics.
	http://sal.kachinatech.com/A/3/

Best Regards,
	Bernhard