pyshapelib tests

Didrik Pinte dpinte at
Sat Mar 17 15:09:22 CET 2007

I've just tested a bit the new version.

Running the test suite gives a segmentation fault :

did at geru-itae:bramz/test$ python
Segmentation fault

using the UI, everything seems to work fine. I have successfully loaded
a shapefile with a name containing UTF8 characters !

Considering the problems with tests/ :

[1] it seems that calling the close() method on a dbf object causes a
segmentation fault

[2] it segfaults too in TestDBFTableWriting when calling
DBFTable.__init__ when initialisating the new file (line 90 of
Thuban/Models/ : 'self.dbf = dbflib.DBFFile(filename)').

Could you have a look at this ?

I'm going on testing the new version by using the UI.