[Freegis-list] free gis software, user friendly to novices

jay zee jay34zee at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 06:35:30 CEST 2007

Hi all

Just wondering, I have a list of free gis software
maybe halfway down the page.

I tried a couple, and found them pretty difficult. Are there any free gis programs that are relatively easy to use? If for example, I just wanted to make a simple map? In my case, I work with global data, like infant mortality rate (IMR), so I would want to make a map of the world, showing countries with high IMR and countries with low IRM.

I'd be interested in fairly easy to learn and use programs. I also want to list programs on my website that are fairly easy to learn, that can be used by people without a ton of training in gis, but who are willing to invest some time.

Gene Shackman
The Global Social Change Research Project
Free Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research
Applied Sociologist

 Get your own web address.